About the Program
- Hosted on Coursera by Berklee College of Music
- Course Format: 4 Interactive Virtual Classes to be completed for Non-Credit Certificate
- Enrollment Link: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/music-business?
- Cost: 7 Day Free Trial, then $39/month (I completed the whole program during the trial, it can be done if you are committed)
- Music Business Foundations
- Building Your Career in Music: Developing A Brand and Funding Your Music
- Copyright Law in the Music Business
- Creativity And Entrepreneurship
What I liked about the program content:
- It wasn’t hard to complete quickly, I started and finished the 4 courses in under 5 days
- The assignments are quizzes and discussion boards, no time consuming projects
- The price, I did pay for 1 month after the trial, but $29 from a well known university is so cheap in comparison to other programs that I have done
Who should try this program?
- High School Students who are considering majoring in music industry related majors (10/10)
- Independent Artists (10/10 should take)
- Anyone interested in a career in the music industry (10/10 should take)
- This is an “at your own pace” program, you can keep the cost down and complete it quickly or you can run your bank account if you are unmotivated
- This is a really good intro if you are planning on going to college in a music related major. Take the class before you start applying and see if it is really what you want so you don’t waste a semester of your money on a major you don’t actually want. It probably looks great on college applications!
- The content is super boring, but necessary. It really gives you a good starting point and base knowledge that can ultimately guide you in figuring out what departments you hate and what you think you actually may be interested in